Friday, March 30, 2007

Growing Up

Both Jacob and Josh woke up this morning at 6am. That's not too bad since we get up at 6:30am to get ready for school, but it was just the two of them in bed with me. Jacob watched as I burped little Josh and then we both watched Josh go through all sorts of different facial expressions. Josh reminds me a lot of Jacob when he was that age. Both of them just stared at each other for a while and I realised that it has been almost seven years since Jacob was that small. It especially hit home as I was watching him through the window as he was waiting for the bus. He was standing there, talking with his friends from next-door. He looks so much older. I kept thinking that he's getting too old too fast. But then he and the boys break into a game of high-spirited chase and I realise that he's not too old, yet. I hope that time slows a little for Josh. I'd like to keep him small as long as possible, even though I know that it isn't possible. I just hope that I remember to enjoy this time amid all of the craziness. I love my children!

No comments: