Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a Week!

We have had the most fun week here in our little corner of the world. We started off with Field Days at the kids' elementary school. Kaylee and the kindergarten had theirs on Monday and Jacob and the third graders had theirs on Tuesday. Unfortunately Josh was not feeling very well on Monday so we were unable to stay for all of Kaylee's, but as she and Jacob both observed, "There is always next year!" Kaylee's class, I believe, came in first, and Jacob's class came in second. There was much fun had by all and it was fun to see the kids running back and forth doing crazy relays.

On Thursday we celebrated Matthew's 4th birthday. He's been excited about his special day since, oh, his 3rd birthday. Seriously, he's been asking when his birthday was going to be for the last six months at least. Finally the day came and he had a BLAST! He received all sorts of wonderful presents and just had an all-around good day. I love you, my big boy!

Sunday, of course, was Mother's Day. I think that I am probably the luckiest mom in the whole of creation! I have four wonderful kids who just doted on me the entire day and a loving husband who lovingly supervised. It was a grand day. Plus it is always fun to have your gift wrapped in Christmas paper. Thanks kids!

And then, just for the heck, I give you a Josh pic. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hooray!! Pictures are LOVE!

So excited to come get some hugs and kiss some cheeks!!

MOM/SUSAN said...

Sorry I forgot about the photos. Illness does that to a person. They are all so cute. I love your hair--never seen it like that! Cutest kids and lots of joy.
Thanks--I needed some.