Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life Right Now

This is our life at this moment:

Jarum going to Iraq. Kids and I moving home to Utah for the six months. Jarum found out about all of this on 10/22. House has to be emptied by 10/30. Cleaning inspection on 11/1. Leaving for Utah 11/2. I'm catching a cold. Jarum in Utah this weekend for Sealing of best friend (planned months ago). Excellent women in my church taking children so that I can get stuff done. Trying to find a place for the cat to live. Kids are excited about going to Utah. Jarum and I are sad Jarum is leaving, but don't feel worried (he's going to a green zone. To work on teeth. No guns). I hate packing. Black Widows in garage. I don't want to clean.

There you go! Pretty exciting life, no?

:headdesk:

2 comments:

Tara said...

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS!!!! I know at times you probably feel like you want to hide under a blanket until it's all over, but because we are the moms, we can't, or everything will seriously FALL APART more than we can imagine! There have been times when I have wished I wasn't the mom, and that MY mom would come rescue me.

Seriously Naomi, I sympathize with EVERY thing on your list, and a lot more that I can imagine is "in-between" the lines. At least your going to be around family, friends (ME as one of them!), and a great network of support. The only thing about this place is that you will not be surrounded by fellow military spouses sharing your same situation, and sometimes finding someone who understands exactly what you are going through and what you need with a husband/soldier deployed, is hard. But I love how the Lord always provides the kind of support we do need, while we go through craziness. In a year from now, you will look back and be amazed at the strength you never knew was inside you.

I can't wait to see you! Everything is going to be alright and work out. You are so blessed to have such wonderful parents who are there to help shoulder this load. Ok, this is a LONG comment, I am so used to blogging, I forgot I can email all this stuff! duh. I'll drop you an email soon and give you my phone number. Hang in there!

Kristin said...

Nomes, you and your family will be in our prayers! We're so glad that you have your family to support you through this. I can't imagine having to face all the things you are facing right now, but I know that if anyone can do it, you can. We'll be in touch! Love ya! Jarum, be safe, call home as often as possible, and hurry home safely!