Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Saving Words For Posterity

For those of you out there who have children this will be old hat to you. For those of you who don't, this might be slightly amusing. Or the complete opposite. I leave that up to you.

My kids have all gone through phases of mispronouncing various words or just saying words that are way beyond their age level. Tonight, for your reading pleasure, here are a few of my favorites:

Periodontology (taught to each kid as soon as they could talk)
Hurnicane
Funder (Thunder)
Pasketti (Spaghetti)
Pinano (Piano)
Actually
Serbannah (Savannah)
Downtown Dis-A-ny
According to my research...
Be-caved (Decayed)
Josh: Silence! I Keel You!

And here are two conversations that I had with my sweet two year old Josh, just this evening

(At the Hospital)
Josh: What is this area for?
Me: For people getting medicine.
Josh: What is this area for?
Me: The cafeteria.
Josh: What is this area for?
(You get the idea)

Me: Joshy, how old are you?
Josh: (pause) I'mmmmmmmmmmmm BIG!

And to end this evening's blog post, I give you some classic Matthew:

Me: Matt, why aren't you in bed?
Matt: I wanted to show Aunt Megan my Bertar.
Me and Megan: *blank stares*
Megan: What?
Matt: My Bertar. You know, for "Bertar Hero". *proceeds to sing "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night"*

(For video of the above CLICK HERE)

Classic.

2 comments:

snakey said...

loving "according to my research..."

to this day, all our many books are kept upon the "bookhelsh", while we sensibly keep our chocolate "poon" cups in the "fijwatr".

Rachel said...

I'll add a few of Clara's that I always loved: cuppin (pumpkin), capoon (vacuum), poon (spoon). And of course we still have Care-la. Now that she talks more she just says funnier things. Kids are great. These cousins should get together! :)