Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Things I Have Done in the Last Four Days

1. Did cartwheels when I checked the bank account and saw that Jarum's bonus from Iraq was finally there.
2. Went to Savannah and bought a new piano with part of said bonus. Went to Savannah by myself.



3. Cursed at the Master Bathroom sink for draining very sloooowwwwlllyyy.
4. Went to church and organized all manner of musical numbers.
5. Took a nap.
6. Made a very nice Sunday dinner.
7. Cursed the Master Bath sink again. Tried Drano. No go.
8. Looked up how to fix a clogged sink.
9. Woke up Monday morning and fixed said sink. That's right. By myself.
10. Took the little kids shopping.
11. Bought the baby new shoes. (baby: shews)
12 Survived Walmart. And while at Walmart, bought a ton of Georgia grown peaches.
13. Came home and froze said peaches.
14. Prepared piano lessons for the kids.
15. Gave piano lessons.
16. Family Home Evening.
17. Woke up Tuesday morning with a mission.
18. Started laundry.
19. Cleaned bathroom.
20. Continued laundry.
21. Finished knitting another dishcloth.
22. Had lunch with Jarum.
23. Made Strawberry freezer jam. First time. It's pretty.

24. More laundry.
25. Swept and mopped all of the floors, and when one has wood all throughout, that's a lot of sweeping and mopping!
26. Got phone hooked up.
27. Helped kids with homework.
28. Made bread.
29. Made another AMAZING dinner. Just from spare stuff in the kitchen. Oh, my gosh, YUM!
30. Spent time with kids.
31. Still more laundry.
32. Got kids ready for bed.
33. Smiled as Kaylee showed me her first lost tooth.

34. Blogged about my last four days. (Still not finished with laundry. That will have to wait until tomorrow.)


So, yes. I have been incredible busy. This list does not include normal day-to-day things such as dressing/feeding/bathing/changing children/myself, talking to friends and family, reading, watching tv, yada-yada. But while they have been incredibly busy days, I am able to sleep the sleep of one who has accomplished much and can enjoy a job well done.


And somewhere along the way, I have enjoyed the cuteness of my kids. Peace.

4 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Hurray for pictures! Hurray for my super mom daughter! Hurray for my cute grandkids (CONGRATULATIONS KAYLEE ON YOUR FIRST LOST TOOTH!)Hurray for a piano in the Boyer house--at last! Thank you Jarum for being wonderful and safely home and such a great husband and father!
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert and Megan Elliott said...

Wow, I got tired just reading all the amazing things you have been up to. That must be absolutely thrilling to have such a beautiful piano in your home.Congrats to Kaylee.

Tara said...

Go Naomi Go! You are Rockin' it woman!!! I go through spurts like that too, and it feels SO good to be THAT productive, but then I need some major down time. I hope you have been able to watch the Olymics or other things to break up the craziness. And whoohoo about the sink! I love that about the internet, youtube to be exact, that you can look up "how to" and watch a number of people do it. I have taught myself to do lots of things that way. We are powerful women! There is nothing you can't do! Way to go! And that piano is gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Things I did in the last four days:

1. Sat around.
2. Ate.
3. Didn't have a baby.
4. Took care of CB.

:)

Kaylee looks great with the new window in her mouth. I guess that's what happens when kids start kindergarten: they're all grown up!

I'm glad you finally have a piano!