Friday, August 8, 2008

First Day of School!!!

The school year has started and there is much rejoicing on all sides in the Boyer home. This year Jacob is in Third Grade and Kaylee has started Kindergarten. I don't think there were ever two more excited children than these two. I know I was excited for them. The only one who was a little disappointed was Matthew, because he just can't quite grasp the fact that he is just not old enough for "pack-pack school."

Awww, the two by the front door, just itching to go out. I had to make them stand by each other though. Before I snapped this, they were about three feet apart.
I nice shot of they're super-cool back-packs. Tinkerbell and X-Men. What could be better?
Outside in the front.
I think Kaylee just enjoys being a ham! She loves getting her photo taken.
Jacob is pretty much just humoring me at this point. And aren't the flowers pretty? Jarum just put those in last Saturday.

I would have had a picture of Josh, but he's not really into picture taking right after he wakes up. He was there, and was waving good-bye with the best of us.

They had a great first day, and are just finishing up the week. They love their teachers and riding the bus. I'm so glad that after all of the hubbub of moving and whatnot over the last several months, we are finally back into a routine of some kind. Life is going to be better all around, I'm sure of it!

3 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Thank you, thank you Naomi! Jacob and Kaylee look so grown up and so excited. Took me back. And, your yard looks so nice. I can't wait for photos of your house and the rest of the yard. It just makes me so happy and helps me not to miss all of you so much. Well, that's not exactly true--I still miss you tons. Can't be helped I guess--except by sending more photos!!!!!!

Cormorant said...

Got to love the fresh smell of new backpacks! I still remember it. Your kiddos look adorable, and I'm sure they were excited. Lots o' fun!

Rachel said...

I just feel their excitement. Great pictures! And I love the phrase "pack-pack school." That Matthew is a clever boy!