Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Church Luau

We had an excellent Luau at church last Saturday. We have a lot of Pacific Islanders in our congregation so the thing was done right! We had such a blast! The kids and I made candy leis and the girls were given flours to put in their hair at the door. We had so much food it wasn't even funny, but it was oh, so good! Pit-roasted pig, rolls, veggies, you name it! And a huge cake in the shape of a pig to boot! Kaylee and I got to share the snout. *giggle* There was also a talent show after the eating was over. We left early, though because I wasn't feeling well and because Jarum wanted to watch the BYU football game. :D

Anyway, here are some pics:

Kaylee with a new friend, just her age!
The Young Women dancing to Lilo and Stitch:
Jacob, bein' cute:
Kaylee, bein' cute:
Le Pig. It was SO GOOD!

LOOK! He's sitting up!!!
Oh, and that is the blanket I made for the occasion, seeing as they didn't set up chairs and told us to bring blankets. Plus, we needed a picnic blanket and I was feeling in a bright-colored mood:
The volcano. It seriously spewed steam. It was awesome!
Cowabunga, dude!

Now, for those of you wondering where Jarum and Matthew are, they wouldn't hold still long enough. Sorry!

2 comments:

Tara said...

OK, so sweet, interesting, cute, cute, YUM!, I know it, fun, fun, way cool dude. :)

Tara said...

oops, I added an extra "fun" in there, I was thinking of the volcano and blanket thing as two separate things to comment on. :)