Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chess

Jarum and I were shopping at Target not too long ago and decided to by a cheapie $5.00 chess set on a whim. We've been playing it every night for the last three weeks. I can't believe how much fun we have playing chess. He's had a lot more practice playing, but I have beat him twice in the last few days! WOOT! It's funny, but he's dead scared of my Queen. I'm dead scared of every one of his pieces. LOL. My Queen is my strength. I protect her as much as my King. But whenever I lose her I know I'm in deep stuff.

Anyway.

It's been so much fun playing this game together. Plus it's so much fun watching the kids watching us play. Whenever one of us captures an opponent's piece the kids play their own "chess game" which pretty much consists of knocking the other players over. Jacob has a real grasp for the game now. Jarum has taught him the basics and has even played a few games with his Dad. Perhaps we'll have a little Bobby Fischer. Then again, maybe not.

P.S. Jacob beat me in our first ever game of chess. I didn't let him win. Just goes to show that I should probably not take for granted his youngness and pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a blast. I always beat Jeremy in checkers so he no longer likes to play with me. We've never tried chess...

Naomi said...

I use it as an incentive now. For both Jarum and Jacob. :p