Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Knit. And I Like Potter. So Why Not Combine the Two?

For those of you who don't know, I am part of an online community of knitters found at ravelry.com. In this community are groups, and of course, I was drawn to some of them having to do with Harry Potter (shock I know!). One group is called the Harry Potter Knitters/Crocheters House Cup. As part of this group we are sorted into our respective houses (GO HUFFLEPUFF!) and are given class assignments every month that are turned in for points. The house with the most points at the end of the term wins. One does not have to do every class. One is sufficient. However, one can do all of the classes if they wish. I completed two assignments in June. They were:


Muggle Studies - June: Make something for an object that a wizard wouldn't normally use (i.e. they use the Floo Network or Owls to communicate, not cell phones).
So here are some pics of my cell phone cozy.


Divination - June: Knit something to do with tea (leaves)/coffee.
I knitted a coffe to-go cup sleeve.


Herbology - July: Knit something to do with the wood from which your wand is made.
Well, like cancer is the sign for July, Holly is the wood. Therefore I conjured up some holly berries.

I am still working on my DADA class assignment (I'm not telling what it is until I'm finished, but I am fairly excited about it) and I will post those pics when I am finished. To be honest, I think with this one project I can knock out two other classes, as well! We'll see. :)

6 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

See three monkeys.

Jared and Amber said...

That is awesome!!! You've done a great job with those!!! How long have you known how to knit??

Naomi said...

Thanks, Amber!

*thinks for a minute*

Well, I think it has been about three years? Yeah. Three years. I wanted a Hufflepuff scarf, so I taught myself how to knit. OH! I should probably post pics of my scarves, too. :D

Mierzejewski said...

How do you have the time?? You are great at kniting!!! I always forget how much you love harry potter!

Jill said...

I finally broke down and just started reading Harry Potter for the first time a few days ago. I am only about halfway through the 1st book... pretty good so far.

Naomi said...

Michelle, I knit while watching TV. We just did marathon Lost viewing (seasons 1-5) so I had LOTS of time. Plus it helps to have a deadline. :) Good times!

Jill, YAY! They only get better. Really.